Pedal Loom Golden Detail Rebozos (+ colors!)
Authentic and Beautiful Mexican Rebozo 100% Handmade in Oaxaca, Mexico.
Rebozos are the most versatile and traditional garments that one can find to represent Mexican culture. Usually used folded or wrapped around the head or upper body to shade from the sun, provide warmth, and as an accessory to any outfit. It is also used during labor and then used by mothers to carry their babies. Additionally it can be used as blanket, bed throw, yoga mat, tablecloth, etc, allowing for this to be an essential piece.
Stunning Rebozos made by using a technique called “telar de pedal”, or pedal loom, which consists on passing the warp above and below a weft, crossing it repeatedly until weaving the fabric, slowly incorporating different colors of threads to create designs. For this reason, it may take over a week to make only one of these rebozos.
- Versatile and traditional essential garment.
- Made with 100% high quality cotton, soft, non-toxic.
- Made by pedal loom using same type of threads with different colors to create contrast.
- Crocheted fringe at ends.
80" long (70" + 10" of fringe) x 24" wide
- CARE: To maintain the quality of the floral intricate work, we recommend hand washing and air drying. Iron only if necessary on low setting with protective layer on top.
- At Lolo - Mercadito we are committed to acknowledging the nature of each product. With each purchase, you are getting a unique and authentic piece that was made with love by artisans from Mexico. These rebozos are one-of-a-kind pieces of handmade art. For this reason, there might be some flaws and variations in sizing, stitching placement, and design.