Sophia Hand-Embroidered Short Sleeve Blouse (More colors available)
Timeless, Traditional, and Alluring Mexican Short Sleeve Embroidered Blouses 100% Handmade in San Antonino, Oaxaca, Mexico.
This classic Sophia blouse features hand-embroidered floral details in the upper bust area, sleeves, part of the side body, and front center area, and it is adorned by crocheted lines on neckline and sleeves. What makes this blouse unique besides the intricate embroidery are the delicate embroidery that represents the community and/or family’s union with interchanged men and women lined and holding hands, found across the upper bust area. This unique and particular technique is called “Hazme Si Puedes”, which literally translates to “Make me if you can” and, as its name suggests, is distinctive for the difficulty in replicating and typical of the region.
The embroidered designs are made by first drawing the floral patterns on the fabric and then using a small hoop to embroider the design section by section. For this reason, it may take over a month to make only one of these blouses. Comfortable by its fresh 100% cotton fabric together with its pleated loose silhouette, this is *the* top you were looking for.
- Made with high-quality 100% cotton fabric, soft, non-toxic.
- Pleated, comfortable silhouette.
- Intended to fit loosely.
- Front center embroidered detail.
Model is 5'7", 125 lbs wearing a size M.
There might be a slight 1" variation due to its artisanal nature.
- CARE: To maintain the quality of the floral intricate work, we recommend hand washing and air drying, or washing and drying in delicate settings. Iron on low.
- At Lolo - Mercadito we are committed to acknowledging the nature of each product. With each purchase, you are getting a unique and authentic piece that was made with love by artisans from Mexico. These blouses are one-of-a-kind pieces of handmade art. For this reason, there might be some flaws and variations in sizing, stitching placement, and design.
And I want one in every color. The turquoise/gold is just gorgeous.