Hand Painted Xalitla Clay Mugs
Handcrafted and Painted Mugs 100% Made in Guerrero, Mexico.
Traditional as they come, these beautifully and detailed hand painted mugs made by Xalitla artisans in Mexico. Xalitla art is mostly distinguished for painting detailed images of their natural environments, activities and folk stories with contrasting colors (usually black and white, but sometimes other two contrasting colors). Traditionally, birds are one their main motifs as seen in these mugs. Made of premium grade clay by Xalitla artisans from Guerrero, these ornaments come shaped as a mug or as a "jarrito", translated as little jug in Spanish.
- Made of high grade premium clay.
- 100% handcrafted and painted, all designs are one of a kind.
- Hand painted in Black and White.
- Approximate measurements:
3 1/4" in diameter, 4" tall
Will hold approximately 8 oz (jug). 12oz (mug)
- At Lolo - Mercadito we are committed to acknowledging the nature of each product. With each purchase, you are getting a unique and authentic piece that was handmade with love by artisans from Mexico. These mugs are artisanal products. For this reason, there might be some flaws and variations in measurements, color, and design.
It's like being in Oaxaca again! Beautiful!!!
I love the mug. Me encantan las artesanías Mexicanas por que en cada pieza está plasmado el talento de manos artesanas.
The mug I received is beautifully painted. I love it.
I love everything about this mug except the hollow handle. Hot liquid could make the handle hot as well. I also worry that I can't keep it clean.
Just received these lovely hand painted mugs. Nice and heavy. Perfect accent for my table.