Volcanic Stone Modern Molcajete with Parota Tray
Handcrafted Volcanic Stone Molcajete With Parota Tray Made in Jalisco, Mexico.
Molcajetes, made out of basalt have been used for thousands of years by our ancestors, the greatest cooks. Today, we reclaim these roots and introduce these authentic and modern molcajetes (mortar) and tejoletle (pestle) made out of one piece of basalt rock to create the perfect accessory to your kitchen tools. This molcajete comes with a parota, or guanacaste, fine carved wood base. The exquisite contrast between the basalt and parota will highlight all dishes and their complements. Perfect for serving guacamole, ceviche, or any other dishes you can think of.
- Ideal for guacamole and any other rustic salsas.
- Lay with lettuce or banana leaves to use as an all purpose serving bowl.
- Heavy pestle helps make the perfect grind, blend, and mix.
- Molcajete (mortar) and tejoletle (pestle) made 100% of Volcanic rock, basalt.
- Round tray base made out of solid parota wood—color availability may change as parota offers one of a kind variation in colors.
Molcajete is 6.5” diameter and 3” tall.
Parota Tray is 8” diameter and 1” tall.
- Care: Although resistant to everyday use, Parota wood and Basalt rock are not dishwasher safe. Clean with mild cleaner and cold to warm water.
- At Lolo - Mercadito we are committed to acknowledging the nature of each product. With each purchase, you are getting a unique and authentic piece that was handmade with love by artisans from Mexico. These molcajetes are artisanal products. For this reason, there might be some flaws and variations in sizing and design.