Deshilado Cotton Apron
White Cotton Apron, 100% Handmade in Aguascalientes, Mexico.
Deshilado, or drawn thread work, is a technique that consists of delicately removing threads from fabric and group or bundle together the remaining threads to create a variety of stunning, complex, and delicate patterns. Today, skillful artisans in Aguascalientes, Mexico dedicate their generational knowledge to create elegant pieces like the ones in our Deshilado collection.
Embellished with intricate designs, this gorgeous apron is a classic essential at an everyday Mexican kitchen. Now, this style can be found at your kitchen delighting your guests.
- Versatile and resistant 100% cotton fabric.
- Front pocket to keep essentials at hand.
- Ties at waist.
- Wide neck loop strap that can easily adjust to all bodies by tying a knot.
- Beautiful details achieved using deshilado technique and crocheted details at ends.
- Approximate measurements:
36" long, 22.5" wide + 20" strap at waist
Hand wash with warm water, hang to dry, do not wring.
Optional: iron with starch to achieve a whiter, firmer look.
Store in a dry, darkroom.
Deshilado products can be somewhat stiff at first, but they will begin to soften with use.
- Sold individually.