Jícara Natural Hand-Carved Round Christmas Ornament
Jícara, or Gourd, Hand-Carved Ornament Handmade by Artisans in Pinotepa de Don Luis, Oaxaca, Mexico.
Beautiful and eco-friendly pieces of art. These detailed hand-carved ornaments depict natural images of Oaxaca, mostly representing the flora and fauna found in the talented artisans' region, such as birds, rabbits, and flowers.
The process to make these ornaments starts by collecting the jicaras or gourds from the calabash tree trees once they are ripe and hard. The jicaras are then perforated at the top, removing the pulp, and cleaning from all residue. These are lastly sanded and carved to achieve the delicate images and details found, finalizing them with a protective clear coating. Truly, an artisanal process in itself!
- *Sold Individually*
- 100% made of Jícara, or gourd, the dried fruit of calabash tree.
- Lightweight, won't weigh down your tree!
- Free of harsh chemicals, color is added using natural dies.
- Jute twine at the top to hang.
- Each ornament is one of a kind and not one will have the same size or design.
- Available in Natural, Red, Black, and White.
- APPROXIMATE MEASUREMENTS:
4" diameter, with a 1/2-1" variance due to its natural nature.
- At Lolo - Mercadito we are committed to acknowledging the nature of each product. With each purchase, you are getting a unique and authentic piece that was handmade with love by artisans from Mexico. These ornaments are artisanal products. For this reason, there might be some flaws and variations in measurements, color, and design.
These are the most beautiful ornaments I’ve ever ordered online. I’m buying more next year for everyone I know. Just gorgeous and unique and obviously made with care.