Floral Embroidery Rebozos
Colorful Floral Embroidery Rebozo Hand Embroidered Mexican Rebozo 100% Handmade in Guerrero, Mexico.
Rebozos are the most versatile and traditional garments that one can find to represent Mexican culture. Usually used folded or wrapped around the head or upper body to shade from the sun, provide warmth, and as an accessory to any outfit. It is also used during labor and then used by mothers to carry their babies. Additionally it can be used as blanket, bed throw, yoga mat, tablecloth, etc, allowing for this to be a must have.
Stunning Rebozos on black fabric with hand-embroidered floral motifs. This rebozos are made by using a technique called “telar de pedal” which consists on passing the warp above and below the weft, crossing it repeatedly until weaving the fabric. The embroidered designs are then incorporated by hand drawing the patterns on the fabric and then using a small hoop to embroider the design section by section. For this reason, it may take over a week to make only one of these rebozos. The Designs depicted are representations of the flora found in the region by the artisans.
- Can be used as shawl, table runner, or hanging art!
- Made with 100% cotton fabric, soft, non-toxic.
- Rayon-silk threads make for lively colors.
- Crocheted at ends.
66.5" long x 25.5" wide, 6" fringe.
- CARE: To maintain the quality of the floral intricate work, we recommend hand washing and air drying. Iron only if necessary on low setting with protective layer on top.
- At Lolo - Mercadito we are committed to acknowledging the nature of each product. With each purchase, you are getting a unique and authentic piece that was made with love by artisans from Mexico. These rebozos are one-of-a-kind pieces of handmade art. For this reason, there might be some flaws and variations in sizing, stitching placement, and design.
My new rebozo is a work of art that is a joy to wear.
It is Beautiful!! Gracias!