Jalapa Full Embroidery Huipil Blouse
Stunning Everlasting Design, Mexican Hand Embroidered Huipil Handmade in Santa María Jalapa del Marqués, in Oaxaca, Mexico.
Beautiful Mexican blouse with a full body stunning hand embroidered traditional design. Its loose and fresh look will assure that you stay comfortable while remaining worthy of all looks.
Traditionally, huipiles are a loose-fitting tunic with a hole in the head, that are joined at the sides. They are the most used garment in indigenous communities across Mexico and Central America and are used for various occasions, from casual wear to the most elegant ones.
Artisans in Jalapa, Oaxaca are renowned for their traditional embroidery of colorful designs of flora and fauna. With an intricate and colorful design, these huipiles are a fun yet simple Mexican staple. Only one of these handwoven hupiles can take over a month to make.
- Made with high-quality hand woven 100% cotton.
- Hand Embroidered.
- Embroidered design on front and back.
- Intended to fit loosely.
- Belt is not included.
- One size fits most. Approximate Measurements:
26" Long x 22" Wide (square tunic-like garment)
-Please know that these are artisanal pieces that do not follow traditional sizing.
-There might be a slight 1" variation between our suggested sizing.
- CARE: To maintain the quality of the intricate work, we recommend hand washing and air drying, or washing and drying on delicate settings. Iron only if extremely necessary on low (can be laid flat while damp to prevent wrinkles).
- At Lolo - Mercadito we are committed to acknowledging the nature of each product. With each purchase, you are getting a unique and authentic piece that was handmade with love by artisans from Mexico. These huipiles are artisanal products. For this reason, there might be some flaws and variations in sizing, stitching, and design.